Friday, October 23, 2009

Take the Time At the Register... and Get the Club Card!!

I'm pretty sure I have signed up for just about every store club card there is, (well at least at the stores that I shop at)!  Of course, as a result I'm on just about on every junk mail list there is! Why am I happy about this you ask? Coupons! I get coupons for almost every business that I frequent. What do I do with the rest of the junk? I recycle them of course! Ulta sends me coupons every few weeks or so, usually for $3.50 off a purchase of $10.00. I regularly get emails from Borders with a 30% off 1 item offer. Do I carry cards? No way! I have way too many things to carry around with me. I just give my phone number at the cashier.

I know there are people out there who do not want companies to be privy to their shopping habits and private information. Yet, the more companies that know about their customers (especially their buying habits) the better they can tailor their business to the consumer.

I know that some buyer cards accumulate points and expire after a certain time period.. completely lame! Even if I am not sure if I will frequent a store I usually sign up for the card just in case they send out one of those "members only" offers. So next time you are asked at the register to sign up do take the couple of minutes and sign up, it could save you more than you think!


No comments:

Post a Comment