Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Frugalista Confession #1

I don't always stick to my guns and buy frugally. Sometimes I buy items that are considered a splurge. In doing so I try to ensure that such items are well worth the money! Items that you use daily like shoes, purses, and coats should be well made and versatile. This allows you to have more wiggle room in the the other areas of your wardrobe. By mixing items that are well made with thrifty finds you save money but don't look like you did!

My daily commute includes several walks to and from my office. I splurge on good shoes that don't pinch. I also like to buy well made coats that can withstand the elements and allow me to still look professional. Most people would never know that my pants were purchased at Target if I have a nice pair of (discounted) nice Nine West shoes (purchased at an outlet store).

I work in a very competitive environment/industry and a professional wardrobe is a necessity. A lot of worthy finds have come from thrift stores and clearance racks. Again, I purchase quality items that will last a long time rather than trendy cheap items that will be out by next season. Black shoes, black pants, and white dress shirts can be worn at anytime with a few accessories if you know how to buy those items to last.

No comments:

Post a Comment